Removing Mold to Say Safe During COVID-19
With COVID-19 constraining our normal day-to-day activities, it’s more important than ever to ensure the air quality in your home is sufficient by having it professionally inspected. If mold is found in your home, you need to have it removed immediately. With all of the respiratory issues that arise with COVID-19, you cannot risk being immersed in poor air quality on an extensive level.
Examine The Signs
There are some key indicators that mold can be in your home. Of course, you should always get a professional consultation, but it’s good to be as proactive as possible so you can act quickly. If you see or smell something particularly strange, it’s safer to make the assumption that you have mold. Just for clarification, here are some of the things to look out for.
- Walls/Ceilings with different colors
- Water Leaks
- Water Stains
- Condensation Problems
How to Prevent Growth
In order to spread throughout your home mold needs moisture. Here are some things you can do to prevent any spread.
- If there are any spills in your home, be sure to address them quickly to ensure water doesn’t seep into wherever it may have occurred.
- Regularly inspect your plumbing, roofing, and attics among other places in your home.
- Insulate and/or seal cold spots in your house, this includes the war pipes.
- Reduce the use of humidifiers within your home.
- Use the exhaust fans in your kitchen and bathroom.
- Raise temperature to increase the air circulation in colder areas of the home.
Protect Your Family
There are certain cases that leave people more susceptible to the harsh effects of mold. People with respiratory issues such as allergies or asthma make them far more vulnerable to mold. Also, people with autoimmune issues will experience heightened effects from mold. Lastly, children experience heightened symptoms.
With the COVID-19 attacking the most vulnerable, you don’t want any elements in your home that could accelerate the symptoms and worsening your condition. With your home being the safest place to be during this period of time, you need to ensure that you’re benefiting by staying where you are.
Capital City Remediation is here for any of your mold removal needs during this trying time. Don’t hesitate to call if you believe mold is present in your home.