Mold Removal Services in Savage, MN

If you are looking for a reliable Savage, Minnesota mold removal company, contact Capital City Construction & Remediation online by phone or in person!

Why Black Mold Growth In The Home Is Harmful

Mold growth in the home can be a dangerous and costly problem, and this is especially true when a black mold infestation occurs. Black mold exposure can come with a wide array of health problems.

Toxic black mold, also known as Stachybotrys chartarum, releases its spores as it contaminates organic materials found in the common elements of the home, such as carpet, insulation, drywall, and subflooring. Mold growth typically occurs from water damage, as high humidity and moisture levels are required for them to survive.

Health Effects of Toxic Black Mold

Mold spores, if inhaled, can come with many unpleasant and even dangerous symptoms. The following symptoms that are commonly found with toxic black mold exposure are respiratory responses. These symptoms can range from coughing, sneezing, chest pain, eye irritation, chronic fatigue, persistent headaches, rashes, scratchy throat, and an increase in mucus production.

For those who have chronic respiratory illnesses, asthma, or allergies to mold, these symptoms could be more severe and may result in further complications. In extreme cases, nausea, vomiting, and bleeding in the lungs may occur.

Is Your Home At Risk?

Many people may think their home is healthy and clean, therefore they can avoid any possible mold growth. However, no matter the condition of your home, any house is susceptible to mold infestations. Identifying the source quickly will always result in less risk of toxic mold exposure. If any part of your home, specifically the bathrooms and basement, have endured water damage, there is an increased risk for black mold growth.

Some clear signs that your home is currently dealing with a mold problem are visible mold, chipping of paint and wallpaper on walls, musty or mildew smell, or warped or bubbling flooring. You should also be concerned if anyone in the household has seemingly developed any symptoms out of thin air.

Understanding the impact of black mold on your health can help your family stay safe and healthy. You should always take action and have the mold removed from your Savage, Minnesota home immediately to protect you, your guests and your family.

Schedule Your Free Consultation!